A kind lady, whose blog I am a fan of, gave me an “I love your blog” award, which was both startling and very nice to discover. I’m to pass the award on (but can’t work out how to upload the badge thingy that goes with it), and I’m not sure who to bestow it on. It’s hard to choose from the blogs I read- and many of them are the “big ones” who don’t need a badge from little old me anyway. So I think, in the spirit of discovery, I’ll seek out a blog I haven’t read before to love. Any recommendations?
In the mean time, apparently part of the thing is that you fill in a meme (which I always thought meant “me me”, which seems appropriate, but apparently is a word in and of itself). I secretly love these quizzes and am happy indeed to have an excuse to fill one in:
1. Where is your mobile? In my handbag. Heh, if I was an American I’d be like “hanging over my cot, silly”
2. Where is your significant other? Upstairs, asleep.
3. Your hair colour? Brown.
4. Your mother? She’s very nice thankyou. And living round the corner.
5. Your father? Living round the other corner. Also very nice.
6. Your favourite thing? My brain.
7. Your dream last night? I dreamed I was falling asleep. How lazy is that?
8. Your dream/goal? Peace of mind and a happy family.
9. The room you’re in? Dining room, which is knocked through to the living room.
10. Your hobby? Gardening and writing.
11. Your fear? Losing another sibling. Can hardly type the words.
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Popping out babies.
13. Where were you last night? On the sofa, drinking a decadent Sunday night vodka, lime and soda.
14. What you’re not? Sporty.
15. One of your wish-list items? A piano. Which is silly, as I have one already, if only I can ever be organised enough to arrange a mover to bring it from my Dad’s house to mine.
16. Where you grew up? Around yet another corner.
17. The last thing you did? Sang Over The Rainbow at chorus rehearsal
18. What are you wearing? Shoo-boots, black trousers, white blouse, black cardie, mustard yellow beads.
19. Your TV? What is my TV wearing? A chic black plastic number.
20. Your pets? Don’t have any. Can’t deal with the cleaning up element of pet ownership (gag).
21. Your computer? Is my boyfriend’s computer.
22. Your mood? Tired. Slightly flat.
23. Missing someone? My beautiful sister. My Grandpa.
24. Your car? Is called Borat and he rocks.
25. Something you’re not wearing? Lipstick, any more.
26. Favourite shop? Selfridges, if only for window shopping
27. Your summer? Was pretty eventful and not always in a good way.
28. Love someone? Many people.
29. Your favourite colour? I’ve never understood the concept of a favourite colour. It’s like having a favourite child- how can you choose between such myriad wonderfulnesses?
30. When is the last time you laughed? Today when a colleague told me his Scottish Grandma remarked crossly that it was as if the US election was the only election happening- what about the Glenrothers by-election?
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday, on my Granny’s shoulder, after an All Soul’s Day service at Christchurch Cathedral, Oxford. See Q23.